Year 2 is taught by the brilliant Mrs Ward.
The Year 2 curriculum is varied and exciting.
- Victorian holidays, Famous Queens and The Great Fire of London;
- Seas and Coasts, The Jungle and Kenya;
- Scientists, Changing materials and Habitats;
- Judaism, Easter and Christian Signs and Symbols;
- Portraits, Vehicles and African Art.
Year 2 is a natural progression from Year 1. As children become more independent they are encouraged to start taking more risks, knowing that mistakes help them learn. Expectations are high and all children are required to engage in all of their learning and take responsibility for their actions. We support all children as we prepare them for the transition to Key Stage 2 and challenge those who demonstrate readiness for greater independence and responsibility. Parents are asked to bring the children into school and support them when needed with their start and end of day routines, allowing the children to take some ownership over their possessions; weekly dialogue with the Class Teacher is also encouraged.
In addition to the Year 1 timetable, Year 2 also enjoy a weekly swimming lesson on Fridays at the local pool.