1. Telephone the School Office on 01536 512066 to make an appointment to visit the School and to meet the Head. Depending on the nature of your enquiry you will be advised whether your child should accompany you on your first visit.
2. If your interest is in a Nursery place, after meeting the Head the Nursery Manager will show you round the Nursery and outline the curriculum, assessment and general procedures.
3. If your interest is in Reception to Year 6, at your meeting with the Head we will be interested in your perception of your child’s academic and social progress at their current school, or if they are attending a nursery their social and skills development. You will be shown around the School, so that you can see pupils and teachers at work together, and pupils’ work will also be available for you to view. There will also be an opportunity for you to ask any questions specific to the School or your child’s needs. If your child currently attends another school, please bring along a copy of the last two school reports.
4. The next stage of the admission process is to arrange a time for your child to spend in School, if you are interested in a place in Year 1 to Year 6. We ask that if a school uniform is worn to your child’s current school, it is also worn on their Taster Morning. Please also provide your child with a small, healthy morning snack. The aim of the Taster Morning is to give your child a taste of life at St Peter’s School. It is also an opportunity for teachers to gain an initial impression of your child’s abilities and needs. Individual tests will not be given to your child on this day, but there will be some reading, writing and mathematical activities that he/she takes part in, along with all the children in the class. You will be asked to meet with the Head prior to collecting your child at the end of the Taster Morning, to discuss the next stage of the application.
5. When a place has been formally offered and a start date agreed, you will be asked to complete an application form, which should be submitted to the school together with a £50 registration fee. A Form of Acceptance will then be sent out to you, together with a Medical Details form, and other information that may be applicable at that time. Once you have completed these forms, please return them to the School.
6. Arrangements for your child’s start date will then be finalised and ordering and collection of school uniform can then be arranged.
The School reserves the right to vary the Application Procedure from time to time.